STRATEGIC GOALS: 2019-2021
Our board and staff partnered in spring 2019 to create a roadmap for 2019 through 2021. We are excited about where we are headed!
SERVING OUR NEIGHBORHOOD
1. Increase West Central resident membership and program participation.
Increase West Central resident participation in our programs through relationships, outreach, and feedback.
Increase accessibility of our educational station resources.
Adapt Level-Up station program to West Central youth needs.
2. Increase volunteer engagement and retention.
Expand our base of volunteers with an eye on reflecting our neighborhood demographics.
Increase volunteer skill-building and responsibility in needed areas.
Increase volunteer retention to meet or exceed state average (58%).
3. Increase community engagement in Spark Central, including why our mission matters.
Grow our board to 15 highly-engaged directors.
Engage our Advisory Board, West Central residents, and community stakeholders in our mission and programs.
4. Ensure our program strategy is high impact (quality), resulting in products we can showcase to funders.
Regularly align programs with our Theory of Change, program metrics, and participant feedback.
Provide more structure for less-structured programs to encourage repeat attendance.
5. Decrease staff time spent on low-impact activities by re-visioning systems or outsourcing to specialized volunteers.
Identify low-impact activities to cut, re-vision, or outsource.
Develop IT system to keep station technology updated and decrease staff time spent troubleshooting.
6. Identify and cultivate sustainable, multi-year revenue sources.
Increase annual revenue from Spark Salon.
Identify and cultivate sustainable, multi-year revenue streams for 2020 and beyond.
Bring new donors/funders to Spark Central while keeping existing donors engaged and feeling valued.
Grow cash reserve to one year of operating revenue by Dec. 2023.